Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for twelve hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive the patient home. The patient can be dropped off by a ride-sharing service as long as he is accompanied by a friend/family member on his way back home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Try to avoid white clothing on the day of surgery
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Kallis, Dr. Kojanis or Dr. Zenga prior to your surgical date for instructions.